Tuesday, June 12, 2012

blessed

time has been flyin' by! here is an update on life here in Kenya*! 

Cassie sprained her ankle 30 minutes into our 7 hour hike through the Kenyan jungle.. BUT we saw elephants !! Eeekk*! 
 

Jenny's cat keeps coming around, I was in a swahili lesson when I looked over and found all sorts of shenanigans going on.. needless to say i miss my dogs! 

Took the girls to the BIG CITY (nairobi) for a little weekend away from Kijabe ! We did a little Java House which is Kenyas Starbucks, some shopping at a maasai market, some paddle boating, pedicures and I even got to have dinner with NOE, my old squad leader from the worldrace*!  
 IT WAS A GREAT WEEKED! 

still takin' pictures all day and all night.. Seriously one of my favorites from the OR.. 

Another ....
  
Phylis praying over one of our CUREkids
 before heading back to surgery.
i love it when i get to see sweet moments like these.. 

ENJOYING ALL THE NEIGHBORHOOD KIDS.. 
THEY ARE EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME.. 



I am never alone.. these guys follow me home 
from the rift valley academy everyday after practice! 

I have loved helping out with the RVA volleyball team!
one of my favorite things to do when im not working.. they are so much fun! 


Me and my boy James playing in the ward.. Love this kid.. will be so sad when he leaves! 

JAMES! 

JAMES AGAIN.. 

 sweet little booger! 

little Abbie had extra digits, but no worries we took care of it : ) sweet angel ! 

momma LOVE

This Daily Devo is currently rockin' my world.. 

 i've been podcasting Mark Driscoll from Mars hill church in seattle for the past couple weeks.
  THE SEVEN SERIES has been awesome!



some of my favorite people at CURE

Did i mention i LOVE my job??
If i ever complain you have permission to slap me..

just a little look into daily life here in the BIG A : ) 











1 comment: