Saturday, December 24, 2011

MERRY CHRISTMAS


MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!!


I just got back from visiting friends in beaumont.. I jammed seeing people into three days and left feeling like I had gotten to hug and reconnect with those that I love and cherish*!


it was wonderful to see..
families get bigger
little ones now walking and talking
newlyweds happily married
friends graduating and moving into new seasons
orphans no longer without
smiles







It was great to hear what God had done in 2011 while I was away..


on another note, Christmas is tomorrow, and while I was wrapping presents this morning I couldn't help but begin to pray and thank God for his plans and provision even when I am insecure in the future and what I see around me.. I thought about Mary and how likely it was that she was nervous, scared, and insecure in her future as well, but chose to believe and trust God with her life and her babies life. so I sit and try to learn from her story, to believe and trust God MORE in this season of the unknown..


her story is such a testimony of God's faithfulness to provide and guide us.. it allows us to see that in the midst of chaos and the unplanned there is purpose.. that there is a bigger and greater picture than what we see in the moment of the here and now..


since I know how the story ends I sometimes assume that what Joseph and Mary did was easy and can over look it ..
I forget about the journey
the hardships and trials they faced
the times their plans fell through
the nights they fell asleep crying out to the Lord
the season of unknown they went through


does that encourage anybody else or just me ?! because i am extremely encouraged by that this morning..


im thankful for the reminder to keep truckin' and of course for our wonderful saviour : )





























1 comment:

  1. Thank you for that reminder of Mary's story!! It is such a big encouragement and look what wonderful things he did for her. I know he'll be able to do that for you an due!!!

    ReplyDelete