Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Learning Curve..




Transition is hard.


Change can be difficult.


and working outside your comfort zone can be challenging to say the least.


YUP basically sums up my first week here in Kenya.


I never thought in a million years I would be a journalist working for a non-profit, yet I find myself half way across the world holding a piece of equipment I know nothing about.. wonderful, great, spectacular* hope your catching the sarcasm here..  the feelings of inadequacy could go on and on so it seems.


luckily I have a MWALIMU (teacher) by the name of Jenny England that keeps reminding me that the Holy Spirit is my qualification.


So as I take on the day, jet lagged and all, I will not give into the hardships Kenya has been throwing my way.. instead I will rely on the the Lord to get me through and work my butt off until I become the best stinkin' photographer ever.


Cheers to seasons that stretch us : )



3 comments:

  1. Just keep your head up rush. Ur going to do so many amazing things and touch so many lives. Change is difficult, but where would we be without it!?! I'm so proud of you and cant wait to read all your stories...love u sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! He brought you to it, He's going to bring you through it! So happy for the experience you get to have over there, and the lives you get to be apart of! It's all his plan :) hang in there

    ReplyDelete